Graebel Earns Unprecedented Success; Remains Focused on Mindful Mobility in 2022
At the beginning of this year, Graebel declared 2022 “The Year of Empowerment.” We are committed to empowering our current and future clients, their mobile employees, our supplier partners, and Graebel employees, by being inclusive, anticipating their needs, and giving them the support they need to do their best work.
At the midpoint of this year, Graebel has delivered on this commitment, through practical thought leadership like our Annual State of Mobility report; programs that help mobility managers navigate the changing global business landscape; prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion; and much more. By applying a personalized and human approach to global mobility in a time of disruptive change, we’ve experienced unprecedented success as an organization in the first half of 2022.
Empowering Mobility Professionals: Creating learning opportunities that give industry professionals the ideas and tools to strengthen their mobility programs is key to delivering exceptional experiences for all. With useful reports and work sessions, we’ve supported the learning journeys of those who are navigating the ever-changing challenges of global mobility.
- State of Mobility Report: Findings from our 2022 Annual State of Mobility Report indicate that relocation opportunities can be a powerful tool for attracting and retaining talent in a challenging market. Sixty-seven percent of knowledge workers who resigned in the last two years reported they would have been more likely to stay with their previous company if they had the opportunity to retain their role but relocate to a different country. Additionally, 51 percent of survey respondents say a relocation opportunity is a must for new job offers. These findings demonstrate the role of global mobility in solving the talent management puzzle and, therefore, the value of the global mobility function in meeting business objectives and aligning with company goals. Like never before, our annual report can help mobility managers make the case for securing a seat at their organization’s decision-making table and demonstrate the strategic value of corporate relocation in today’s workplace.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI): In addition to our DEI journey within our own organization, we’ve worked with clients and supplier partners to support their efforts to incorporate DEI perspectives into their mobility policies and programs. Through hands-on training and educational discussion opportunities, we’re helping mobility professionals diversify their programs to create exceptional and equitable relocation experiences for all mobile employees, regardless of background. Through a combination of DEI partnership and following best practices outlined in our annual State of Mobility Report, companies can strengthen their mobility programs, overall, enhancing their mobility brand and positioning mobility as a strong tool for talent recruiting and retention.
- insideMOBILITY® Austin: We hosted a two-day event in Austin, where corporate mobility professionals and human resources representatives from leading global brands gathered to share insights and learn from each other. Faced with new challenges, leaders in the talent mobility industry have been tasked with finding innovative solutions to meet evolving employee needs, while balancing the bottom line and managing heavier workloads than ever. This event was an opportunity for mobility professionals – representing 10 industries – to connect, problem-solve and innovate. Attendees worked with their peers and explored topics from cost-saving strategies to work from anywhere systems, to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Empowering Our People: Graebel employees continue to go above and beyond to provide the empathetic support that’s central to our people-first philosophy. In return, we’re committed to supporting them, so they can be their best selves at work.
- People-First in Demanding Times: We recognize the additional workloads that mobility managers, and therefore Graebel employees, have been tasked with as global mobility rebounds, organizations shift to a work-from-anywhere system and employee turnover remains high globally. It’s rewarding to see the way our Graebel team has risen to the challenge, providing exceptional experiences to all clients and mobile employees. So far this year, we’ve experienced our strongest retention rate in five years while also benefiting from high numbers of employees returning to the company; we’re so thankful to our employees for all their hard work and we’re proud of what this means about our company’s culture and how we truly live our values of truth, love and integrity.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: As we continue our DEI journey, we’re focused on dialogue and collaborative education. Our initiatives are geared toward creating meaningful, transformative change. In addition to our DEI courses and other educational programming, we’ve had on average 60 percent of our employees participate in facilitated discussion sessions to help further empower employees to apply the learnings to their work. Through this, we’re all working toward the common goal of creating a more inclusive, equitable workplace.
- Humanitarian Efforts in Europe: Our values of truth, love and integrity don’t just apply to serving our clients and their mobile employees; we want our employees to carry those values into their personal lives too. That’s why we’re proud of the voluntary efforts of our Prague team, led by Casey Phelps, senior vice president of Client Services, EMEA, to support refugees fleeing Ukraine and Russia. By providing essentials like food, water, and clothing, and helping with housing, among other things, they’re making a real difference in the lives of those who are facing devastating hardships. We applaud our team’s initiative and compassion in supporting those in need. Their efforts inspired us to provide our own financial support to organizations delivering on-the-ground relief.
Empowering the Organization: Constant leveling-up in all areas of our business has led to extraordinary success, recognition, and impact.
- A First Quarter Like No Other: In a season when global mobility is traditionally slower, we started the year off with our most successful quarter in company history. This was accomplished in a global economy where we represent regions with different economic realities, work structures — whether remote, hybrid, or in-person — and distinct client demands. Our results show the value of creating an exceptional experience throughout our offices and services.
- Board of Directors Award Recipient: Graebel’s Board of Directors has been acknowledged by MLR Media, publisher of Private Company Director magazine, as a 2022 Private Company Board of the Year. This annual award is particularly meaningful right now as it shows the Board’s focus through challenges and disruption. Each member of our board is committed to putting people first and exemplifies stability in a rapidly changing world. Our board embodies the company’s values of truth, love and integrity and has guided our organization with stability and progressive growth.
- Environmental Commitment: Graebel has remained committed to The Climate Pledge and our 2040 goal of reaching net-zero carbon emissions. As part of our environmental commitment, all 12 Graebel offices participated in Earth Day Week, helping to:
- Recycle more than 2,000 pounds of electronics
- Clean up seven beaches and parks by collecting 41 bags of trash
- Share almost 190 meat- or plastic-less meals
Graebel employees also continued to support Ukraine relief efforts, raising over $15,000 and donating five carloads of food and clothing, 20 laptops and three sewing machines. We remain persistent and eager to explore innovative ways to protect our planet and communities.
Graebel has reinforced its commitment to empowering people in the first half of this year, and we’re just getting started. As we look to the rest of 2022 and into 2023, we remain focused on providing exceptional experiences and building trust with clients, partners and employees, so they feel empowered to excel in the world ahead.