Elevating the Lump Sum Experience: The New CitySwitcher.com
As part of our partnership to provide a digital marketplace for relocation services, Graebel and Shyft today announced new capabilities to help make moving a better experience for lump sum recipients. Whether moving across town, across the country or internationally, these mobile employees have a significant number of decisions to make; their choices regarding everything from moving their belongings to finding housing will have a substantial impact on their happiness in the new location.
At the heart of these choices is deciding who to trust.
There are thousands of options for moving services alone, all with different price points, shipping capabilities, and geographies. Today, online searches drive potential buyers to request quotes one-by-one, service-by-service. That research can take days or weeks, and still leaves the customer with the responsibility of comparing providers without knowing what criteria they should be considering.
Graebel provides more lump sum relocations than any relocation management company in the industry, and created CitySwitcher to be a valuable resource to help mobile employees make smart choices when spending their lump sum. Through a partnership with Graebel and Shyft, the CitySwitcher marketplace is a publicly available resource for anyone in the process of moving – whether the mobile employee works for a Graebel client company or not.
In 2022 alone, CitySwitcher provided guidance to more than 15,000 customers with tailored recommendations on vetted suppliers, offered exclusive discounts and connected them with free Move Coaches to help answer questions and share personalized recommendations.
Now, the CitySwitcher experience has been enhanced with new capabilities like:
- A new CitySwitcher.com that is mobile-responsive and incorporates the latest advancements in User Experience (UX) Design.
- An improved online needs assessment that allows customers to share their moving needs and get personalized quotes and recommendations, while still providing the user with an option to connect with a Move Coach for additional guidance.
- Expanded moving options to give customers more targeted price points that fit their household goods shipping budget. Options range from full-service movers to DIY options like shipping containers and moving truck rentals.
- Free services and exclusive discounts to CitySwitcher Customers, like a free concierge service to connect utilities in your new location.
- Flexible payment options to help lump sum recipients secure services no matter when they will receive their cash benefits, and generally to support a customer’s financial situation.
As part of our efforts to prioritize inclusivity, the new CitySwitcher.com provides full accessibility for all users, creating a positive user experience for those with visual, hearing, and physical impairments. It’s also a more search-friendly platform, enabling more people to find and benefit from the digital marketplace to ultimately have an exceptional relocation experience for themselves and their families.
Experience and explore the new CitySwitcher.com.